1st IFBB Men’s Physique Pro, NPTI Certified and 2x Olympian/3x IFBB Pro.
Thank you for reading this little excerpt about me. I’m honored that there are so many people out there who believe in me. I take you with me every time I walk in the gym and every one of you makes me stronger and pushes me closer to my goals.
Born and raised in Ohio, I relocated with my family to Payson, Arizona in high school. At age 17, I was in a near fatal car accident breaking my femur and hip and had to be airlifted 100 miles. I suffered head trauma, went through numerous surgeries and had pins placed in my leg and hip. I hit a brick wall and my desire and dedication was the lowest it has ever been.
I remember lying in my hospital bed and making a decision that this bad turn of events would not hold me down and dictate my future. I made it my goal to walk again, and not let anything stand in my way. As soon as I was able, I began lifting weights in a wheelchair, and then progressed to crutches. My upper body thrived, but as I was still dependent on crutches my legs began to atrophy. Two years later, my bones healed and I had the pins removed and began the tedious journey of making my physique into something I’d always dreamed of.
In 2004, I received my accreditation from the National Personal Training Institute (NPTI) in Orlando and began training clients. I had ambition to do more and push myself, and decided at age 26 to compete in my first bodybuilding competition. In 2009, at the NPC Western Regionals I stepped on stage as novice middleweight and won my class. That was it; I knew I was destined to compete. In 2010, I went on to compete at the USA’s and that was a great experience for me.
Upon the announcement of the Men's Physique division, I knew this was the division for my particular physique. In 2011, I earned my Pro card in Charleston by taking 1st place in Class A, 1st as the overall winner and becoming the 1st IFBB Men's Physique Pro!
Within the next two years, I achieved three Pro wins and went on to complete in the Olympia twice.
In 2015, I was cast in the docudrama The Perfect Physique which was released in Fall 2015. Earlier this year, I finally was able to receive the hip replacement that I so desperately needed. I am currently rebuilding my body since this surgery and it’s amazing to be pain free after so many years of training in excruciating pain! Thanks to my sponsors (APS Nutrition, My Oatmeal, MacrosEdge and Lynx Fitness) for your amazing support during this time of recovery.
My focus has become helping other people reach their health & fitness goals. I look forward to utilizing the years of knowledge, hands on experience and discipline that fitness has brought to my life to help others by giving back to the industry that has given me so much!
“It is only after we have lost everything, we are free to do anything.”
- 2015 Dennis James Classic
- 2014 Phoenix Europa
- 2014 Felicia Romero Classic
- 2014 Men's Physique Olympia
- 5th Place-2014 Dallas Pro
- 4th Place-2014 IFBB LA Grand Prix
- 2nd Place- 2013 IFBB Titans Grand Prix
- 2013 Men's Physique Olympia
- 1st Place - 2013 IFBB LA Grand Prix Men's Physique
- Qualifier for 2013 Olympia Men's Physique
- 1st Place - 2012 IFBB Governors Cup Men's Physique
- 1st Place - 2012 IFBB O.C. Muscle Classic Men's Physique
- 1st Place - Class A -2011 Jr. USA’s - (Pro card winner)
- Overall Winner of the Men's Physique Division
- 2nd Place - Class A Mens Physique Division – 2011 Natural Western Regional
- 1st Place - 2009 NPC Arizona Western Regional - Novice Middleweight,
- 1st place Open Middleweight
- 2010 USA National Championship - Competed as a Middleweight
- Muscle Development - February 2016
- Muscle & Fitness - April 2015
- Ironman - April 2015
- Muscle & Performance Cover, January 2015
- MuscleMag - July 2014
- Oxygen Magazine - June 2014
- Muscular Development Latino - January 2014
- Muscle & Fitness - December 2013
- Iron Man Australia Cover - October 2013
- Iron Man Magazine Cover - September 2013
- Muscle & Fitness - July 2013
- Iron Man Australia Cover - July 2012
- Iron Man - August 2012
- Fitness RX - July 2012
- Reps Magazine - January/February 2012
- MMA Fitness Magazine - September 2012
- Power Systems - Spring 2012
- Iron Man - December 2011
- Max Sports and Fitness Cover - November 2011
- Fitness Plus Cover - April 2011
- Musclemag Magazine - November 2011
- NPC Magazine - December 2011